Become a Teacher by Enrolling in Our Teacher Certification Program
Teachers play a significant role in motivating and inspiring students to dream big and work hard to achieve their goals. If you want to make a difference in children’s lives and are wondering how to become a teacher, we can assist you at Inspire Texas. Whether you are fresh out of college or are changing career paths, we offer online teacher certification programs and an alternative teacher certification program so you can begin your journey towards becoming a state teacher. Have peace of mind knowing our staff will help you choose a program that best fits you and will be with you every step of the way. Throughout Houston, TX and Region 4, you can become a teacher and help to influence the young minds that make up one of the largest school districts in Texas. To learn more, give us a call today! We can’t wait to guide you through the in person or online teacher certification process.
How to Become a Teacher in Texas
There are several basic requirements that you must complete to become a certified teacher in the state of Texas.
- Obtain a Bachelor’s Degree: In order to become a certified teacher in Texas, teachers must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Texas does not have specific requirements for undergraduate courses or credit hours, meaning that you could theoretically become a teacher with a variety of educational backgrounds.
- Complete a Preparation Program: In order to teach in Texas, a teacher must complete an approved educator preparation program. Our accredited certification programs meet all state requirements and are designed with your convenience in mind, allowing you to pursue your goal of becoming a state teacher in a way that works best for you.
- Pass Certification Exams: You’ll need to pass the appropriate teacher certification exams to become eligible to teach. These tests differ according to subject area. If you have already received certification to teach in the state but wish to teach in a subject area other than the one you were certified in, you must pass a corresponding content test. Your specific circumstances will vary based on your background and needs.
- Submit a State Application: Once you’ve completed an approved preparation program and passed your certification exam, you’ll need to apply to be certified. Once we verify that you are eligible to apply, you may do so.
- Get Fingerprinted: All first-time teaching applicants must be fingerprinted. This is part of a national criminal background check.
If you would like to learn more about how to become a teacher in the state of Texas, Inspire Texas can answer your questions. Don’t hesitate to reach out to our team to learn more!