Aspiring Superintendent & Leadership Academy
Take the next step in your career
Enroll in the Region 4 Aspiring Superintendent and Leadership Academy Class of 2023–2024.
THE ACADEMY IS STRUCTURED FOR
- individuals pursuing superintendency as a career choice,
- administrators or principals seeking a senior central office position, and
- central office administrators pursuing a better understanding of the superintendent’s role.
THE ACADEMY INCLUDES
- focused emphasis on key issues instrumental to a superintendent’s success,
- distinguished speakers with highly successful experiences and statewide recognition,
- discussion panels with prominent practicing superintendents, and
- exceptional networking opportunities.
THE PROGRAM FEATURES:
- Six full-day sessions designed for administrators seeking superintendency or senior-level administration
- Discussion panels with prominent practicing superintendents
- Professional networking
REGISTRATION FEE: $649 (INCLUDES lunch & ALL PROGRAM MATERIALS)
- All Academy Sessions and the Final Training Session are held in-person (unless announced otherwise) on Thursdays and begin at 9:30 a.m. Due to construction at Region 4 ESC, all academy sessions will be held at the Pearland ISD Virgil Gant Education Support Center, 1928 N. Main St, Pearland, TX 77581.
- A detailed syllabus will be provided during the Program Orientation
- TExES Prep Session begins at 9:00 a.m.
- Attendance at Academy Sessions, Saturday TExES Prep Session, and Final Training Session is mandatory.
SEPTEMBER 21, 2023
SESSION 1 | 9:30 A.M.–3:30 P.M.
The Superintendency: An Overview
- Job Search
- Board Relationships
- Other Issues
OCTOBER 26, 2023
SESSION 2 | 9:30 A.M.–3:30 P.M.
Superintendent as Instructional Leader
- Strategic Planning
- Academic Accountability
- Special Programs
NOVEMBER 16, 2023
SESSION 3 | 9:30 A.M.–3:30 P.M.
The Superintendent as Financial Leader
- Funding Sources
- Public Education Finance
- Budget Management
JANUARY 25, 2024
SESSION 4 | 9:30 A.M.–3:30 P.M.
The Superintendent and the Law
- Human Resources
- Student and Parent Rights
- Open Meetings
- Public Information
FEBRUARY 22, 2024
SESSION 5 | 9:30 A.M.–3:30 P.M.
Superintendent as Operational Leader
- Child Nutrition
MARCH 2, 2024 (SATURDAY)
TEXES PREP SESSION (VIRTUAL)
After the TExES Prep Session, students will complete online test preparation activities before test permission is granted.
APRIL 18, 2024
SESSION 6 | 9:30 A.M.–3:30 P.M.
Superintendent as Community Leader
- Life after Certification
- Community Engagement
JUNE 27, 2024
FINAL TRAINING SESSION | 9:30 A.M.–3:30 P.M.
For more information, contact 713.744.6595 or firstname.lastname@example.org.