Aspiring Superintendent & Leadership Academy
Take the next step in your career
Enroll in the Region 4 Aspiring Superintendent and Leadership Academy Class of 2021–2022.
THE ACADEMY IS STRUCTURED FOR
- individuals pursuing superintendency as a career choice,
- administrators or principals seeking a senior central office position, and
- central office administrators pursuing a better understanding of the superintendent’s role.
THE ACADEMY INCLUDES
- focused emphasis on key issues instrumental to a superintendent’s success,
- distinguished speakers with highly successful experiences and statewide recognition,
- discussion panels with prominent practicing superintendents, and
- exceptional networking opportunities.
THE PROGRAM FEATURES:
- Six full-day sessions designed for administrators seeking superintendency or senior-level administration
- Discussion panels with prominent practicing superintendents
- Professional networking
REGISTRATION FEE: $589 (INCLUDES lunch & ALL PROGRAM MATERIALS)
Note: All sessions are scheduled to be held at Region 4 Education Service Center in Houston, Texas, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. according the latest health guidance for ensuring the safety of our team members and customers.
SEPTEMBER 30, 2021
SESSION 1 | 9:30 A.M.–3:30 P.M.
The Superintendency: An Overview
- Job Search
- Board Relationships
- Other Issues
OCTOBER 28, 2021
SESSION 2 | 9:30 A.M.–3:30 P.M.
Superintendent as Instructional Leader
- Strategic Planning
- Academic Accountability
- Special Programs
NOVEMBER 18, 2021
SESSION 3 | 9:30 A.M.–3:30 P.M.
The Superintendent as Financial Leader
- Funding Sources
- Public Education Finance
- Budget Management
JANUARY 20, 2022
SESSION 4 | 9:30 A.M.–3:30 P.M.
The Superintendent and the Law
- Human Resources
- Student and Parent Rights
- Open Meetings
- Public Information
FEBRUARY 24, 2022
SESSION 5 | 9:30 A.M.–3:30 P.M.
Superintendent as Operational Leader
- Child Nutrition
APRIL 21, 2022
SESSION 6 | 9:30 A.M.–3:30 P.M.
Superintendent as Community Leader
- Life after Certification
- Community Engagement
For more information, contact 713.744.6595 or firstname.lastname@example.org.